CompTIA Network+ Certification
CompTIA's Network+ certification is the premier certification that validates the skills required to excel in the role of a computer technician or support professional. The Network+ certification demonstrates that an individual possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to configure and operate a variety of networking products.
This practical "hands-on" 6-day course will teach students the fundamental principles of installing and supporting networks, and provide professionals with the basic hardware, software, and networking skills necessary to function in a variety of information technology positions.
This course is intended for new or intending network support technicians wishing to qualify with CompTIA Network+ Certification. It is also suitable for experienced technicians who require an industry-backed credential that validates their skills and knowledge. This course will particularly benefit students pursuing a career in network administration, as a Network Support Technician, Network Engineer, Network Administrator, or in Help Desk support..
On course completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network resources and appropriate security countermeasures.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.
This course will prepare students for the following exams:
- N10-005 CompTIA Network+
Students should meet the following criteria prior to attending the course:
- Taken and passed both CompTIA A+ Certification exams or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Six months to one year of post-A+ Certification support experience.
- Extensive experience of supporting end-users and PC-based systems.